Business Development Manager
Sales and Marketing | Full Time | Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reports to: CEO
The primary focus will be on developing relationships with current and potential customers that result in long-term strategic growth for Bowmar.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive growth through the development of a strong funnel of opportunities.
- Strengthen and expand relationships with current customers to know how to apply Bowmar’s capabilities to help solve their problems.
- Approach the sales cycle from a continuous improvement perspective learning from each win and loss to improve the process and customer experience.
- Implement the business growth strategy in collaboration with the CEO.
- Strengthen the Bowmar brand in the marketplace.
- Build strong relationships of trust with customers.
- Continually analyze future technology, processes and market trends keeping Bowmar relevant in its core markets.
- Identify and report on industry developments that could impact product line viability (profit, lifetime, revenue, etc.).
- Identify the needs of customers one to two years in the future; drive development opportunities.
- Travel to customers and industry events
- Attend trade shows and technical seminars as required
- Located in or willing to relocate to Fort Wayne, Indiana
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Critical Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and success in growing sales via a process-oriented approach.
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of market assessment and data analysis and related marketing targeting process.
- Relevant experience in the aerospace and defense marketplace – ideally in similar products.
- Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner to customers and vendors.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, focus on a task, as well as meet commitments and schedules.
- Will be required to work on a computer and be proficient in Microsoft Office and learn the company’s ERP software (Made 2 Manage).
- Engineering degree
- 5 years related experience
Level of Supervision
- Strong team orientation is required
- Requires minimal supervision and must be able to perform tasks independently
- Domestic travel required as needed
- Expected 25%
- Base plus incentive
- Ownership potential